Fri, 20 Oct|
Reactive Dog - A Day of Training with Gavin and Jeanette
Spend the Day Training With Us Friday 20th October 2023 Super excited to announce the date of our second Days Training with both of us (Jeanette and Gav)
Time & Location
20 Oct 2023, 10:00 – 16:00
Exbury, Exbury, Southampton SO45 1AZ, UK
About the Event
Spend the Day Training With Us
Friday 30th June - 10-4pm
Super excited to announce the date of our first Days Training with both of us (Jeanette and Gav)
The first one will be on Reactivity -
Have fun spending the day with us which will cover the following:
* Reactivity Theory - what it is, why dogs react and the different types.
* Body Language and what to look for.
* Set ups - You will have your own area to sit with your dog, and we will work on techniques to use for reactivity when out and about using our dogs as stooges, they are all used to this environment, it will be safely managed.
* The importance of lead handling with reactivity,
* Games/Enrichment and Training for you and your dog to enjoy in the home and outside.
* The human side of reactivity and techniques you can use to help yourself.
£125 per dog, maximum 5 dogs.
Head towards Exbury Gardens but carry on past the main public entrance
A bit further along there is another right hand turn next to a cream house, The Family Dog Club is listed on the signpost
Turn in there and go straight ahead
Bear left immediately after the line of bushes/trees in front of you **if you end up in the gardens you have gone too far!**
You will see the high brick walls of the old Victorian garden, we are in there so just find a place to park
Please wait with your cars until we come out to meet you and give each other plenty of space. Please avoid greetings with other pups until we are in class as there are a few things we need to explain about these.
What to bring
A 1.5-2m lead is best, teaching loose lead is much harder with short 1m leads or retractable ones, we willl explain why in class
A comfortable harness, Y shaped designs avoid restriction of the shoulders so pup can move naturally. If you haven't got one, then a flat collar
Plenty of treats, soft, small and stinky work best! The Healthy Pet Store in Totton have a great selection of natural, healthy treats
- Ticket type
Day of Training - ReactivityPrice£125.00